Monday, April 14, 2014

Recipe Time!: Chicken Stir Fry

So here recently, Chris decided he wants to eat healthier, so he's been giving me a list of things he wants, and I've been going from there when making me weekly menu plans.

This week it was Chicken Stir Fry.
I looked all over the internet for an easy recipe, but I couldn't find one. So I improvised, and created my own as I went. :)

Ingredients:
Ramen Noodles (1 package per person) (you do NOT want the seasoning from the packages)
Veggies of your choice (I used a frozen mix bag)
Chicken or some sort of Meat
General Tso's sauce (or something similar)
Olive Oil

Directions:
1. Cut the chicken into bite sizes.
2. Heat up a pan to fry the chicken. Add just enough Olive Oil into pan to coat the bottom.
3. Add chicken, fry until browned.
4. While the chicken is frying, prepare your veggies. If you're using frozen veggies, as I did, place in a covered microwave safe bowl (I used a glass bowl with a glass plate upside down on top of it, you're basically simmering the veggies in the microwave) Cook veggies for approximately 10 minutes in microwave.
5. Once veggies are done, add approximately a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan with the chicken. Fry this, stirring occasionally.
6. While the veggies and chicken are in the pan, bring a pot of water to boil. Place noodles ONLY (you do NOT want the seasoning that comes with them.) in the water. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes. immediately drain.
7. Run cold water over the noodles until they are cold. (We will reheat them in a minute)
8. Next, you want to take the General Tso's (or other sauce) and put only a couple spoonfuls to the chicken and veggies. It does NOT take a lot. the heat will spread it out very quickly.
9. Now, you're going to need a nonstick skillet. Put enough olive oil in it to cover the bottom of the pan. Once this is heated up, add part of your pasta to the pan. Let fry for a few minutes, then begin stirring it (it will most likely stick to the pan some)
10. You can also add another spoonful of the sauce to the pasta as you're frying it. 
11. Repeat steps 9-10 with the rest of your pasta.
12. Place pasta serving on a plate, top with veggies and meat.
13. ENJOY!!!

This was a very easy, and a very cheap dinner. I loved it, and I was afraid to try to make this, as I feared I'd screw it up, but it was very easy, and tasted GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment