Monday, June 23, 2014

BOOKS!!

So I thought I would do another post about books. I've set a goal with the GoodReads app on my phone and Kindle Fire to read about 30 books this summer break. So far I think I've read 3, which definitely isn't a bad start. :-) So I'm going to do another mini review on a book I finished not too long ago.

Divergent By Veronica Roth

This book has been turned into a movie, but I highly suggest reading the book. I have yet to see the movie, but the book was amazing. I read it in a couple of days.

It's about a society where everyone has a specific place they belong, and if a test shows they don't truly have a single place of belonging, then they are practically hunted down and killed. But it isn't that easy, they must first learn to work together, and overcome what one division of this society has decided to do do another, and they must all work together on territory that is considered unfamiliar to them.

If you have read The Giver by Lois Lowry, then you will most likely LOVE this book. I found many minor details to be very similar to those found in Lowry's book, which is probably a portion of the reason(s) I liked Divergent so much.

It is available for the Kindle, Nook, as well as hard copy. Below the image are the links. If you read this book, please put your own thoughts and comments on it in the comments below!

Disclaimer: I am in no way getting paid for this post. This is my own opinion based on a book I recently read, and am simply posting this from my own opinion and free will.

No comments:

Post a Comment